The members of the congregation respond to the needs of neighbors near and far by advocating for justice, promoting health, supporting a food pantry and other special projects, participating in community efforts and contributing to statewide, national and global social ministries.
The congregation provides a variety of supports to the community:
- Norris Area Food Pantry: offering the staples and necessities for people who need assistance.
- CROP Walk: exercising and raising funds to alleviate hunger locally, nationally and globally.
- The Gathering Place: preparing and serving dinner to individuals in need on the first Friday of each month.
- Weekend Food Backpacks: in conjunction with the Lincoln Food Bank house, pack and distribute weekend food backpacks for Norris school students.
- School Supply for Norris Students: Supply a fully outfitted backpack for disadvanted Norris K-12 school students.
- Children's Christmas Store: With the combined effort of area wide churches and service organizations provide a store where Norris school children in grades K-5 can shop for six gifts ranging in price form $1 - $5.
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter Baskets: Prepares and distributes Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter baskets to families in need.
- Baby Kits: Gather articles and assemble baby kits to be distributed throughout the world by Lutheran World Relief.
- Quilting Group: Members meet to make quilts and lap robes for distribution by Lutheran World Relief and for local shelters and nursing homes.
- Prayer Shawl: Members meet to crochet, knit and sew prayer shawl, blankets and lap robes to be distributed to members of the congreation and community for congratulations or comfort in time of need.